Saturday, October 4, 2008

The website called them stash builders...

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
Charlie Brown

 

But they're so damn cute that I can't just toss them in the stash with the rest of the yarn stash.  they were only 99cents a skein too.  gnarly eh? 013I mean all in all they dont look all that impressive from this picture.  But - do not let the look deceive you.  They call this Beadies crochet - I dont really know if it's thread or yarn - but i used a g hook - and that was just about perfect. 

014

I described it to my sister as something I would make a net out of.  015

 

 

Funny this about this yarn here - there are no beads.  It is given the effect of beads because of the little bit of multicolored nylon threading that is wrapped around and made to look like beads - and really it kinda does.  It's a master of illusion it is.  Next week - it'll be macrame!  ha.  not really.

005

So whats a girl to do with all this cute yarn?  Make cute yarn beach purses (in october of course - ummmm... summer is over)  But I find that my yarn goes perfectly in it to and from work which is exactly what I want. 

Purse A012

j-hook, hexagon stitch, went til i thought it was big enough.  Easy to work with j hook - but spaces are kinda big. 

 

 

 

 

011

Purse b

G hook - 2 full skeins of "peace"

This is my favorite.  infact it is sitting right here holding the next 2 skeins of yarn for the next bag.  

 

 

 

Well - until next time.  (Yes i did both of the entire purses at work.  I had time - they were quick and easy)

No comments: